As another semester comes to an end, it’s time to pack up and head out for summer break. Make the move quick and efficient with these packing hacks:
1. Slide your hanging clothes into garbage bags
2. Organize your cords using toilet paper rolls
3. Use your clean clothing to wrap fragile items
You can use tshirts, sweatshirts, scarves, etc. Socks make great padding for drinking glasses.
4. Cover all liquids with a layer of plastic wrap
Open the cap, add some plastic wrap, then reseal the cap.
5. Label all of your boxes – and pack your boxes by room or type
You don’t want to have to go digging through your boxes to find your favorite frying pan or your toothpaste. Label your boxes and group like items together so you know where everything is.
6. Pack a first night bag
Have a bag packed with all the essentials: an extra outfit, toothbrush, book, etc. – anything you may need on your first night in your new space.
7. Get creative with where you find your boxes
Check out the “free” section on Craigslist for extra boxes, or go to a local grocery store to see if they have any extra boxes you can use for moving.