As a college student you get a student ID and an .edu email address that entitles you to all kinds of discounts in life and on the web. We’ve searched long and hard to bring you a list of where you can save the most money, so next time you shop at any of the following, flash your student ID to save cash:
- RadioShack – get a 10% discount online and in stores.
- BestBuy – sign up for coupon codes with your .edu email address.
- Apple – Students, faculty, and staff can get discounts on Mac computers, Apple software, and select accessories. Right now, with a .edu email address, save up to $200 on a new Mac.
- Sony – Save up to 10% on select products.
- Microsoft – 10% off and free shipping.
- Adobe – find student and teacher discounts on Adobe Creative Cloud.
- AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile – offer student discounts for participating schools.
- Banana Republic – 15% off full-priced items.
- J. Crew – 15% off in stores only.
- Madewell – 15% off in stores only.
- Club Monaco – 20% off full-price and sale merchandise in stores and online.
- Ann Taylor – 20% off full-priced items in store only.
- Ann Taylor Loft – 15% off in store only.
- Charlotte Russe – 10% off in stores and online.
- Levi’s – 20% off.
- City Sports – 20% off in stores only.
- The Limited – Students, educators, and military personnel receive 15% off every purchase made in store.
- Ralph Lauren Rugby – 15% off in stores only.
- Barbour – 15% off jackets.
- Eastern Mountain Sports – 20% off all full-price EMS brand items and 15% off all full-price national brand items in stores only.
- Goodwill – 10% off.
- Juicy Couture – 15% off all your in-store purchases.
- Urban Outfitters – 10% off on select dates.
- Steve Madden – 10% off
- Top Shop – 10% off.
- Vineyard Vines – 15% off in stores only.
- Eddie Bauer – 15% off on full-priced items in store.
(many restaurants will not advertise these discounts)
- Burger King – 10% off – ask your local restaurant if they participate.
- McDonalds – 10% off – ask your local restaurant if they participate.
- Dairy Queen – 10% off.
- Qdoba – $5 student burrito meals.
- Chipotle – Receive a free drink with purchase and student ID.
- Subway – 10% off.
- Waffle House – 10% off.
- General Motors – discounts on Chevy, Buick, and GMC cars.
- Sam’s Club – Collegiate Annual Membership for $40, plus a free $15 Sam’s Club gift card.
- Pier 1 Imports – 15% off in store at participating locations.
- AMC movie theaters – discounted tickets every Thursday.
- Regal theaters – up to 25% off tickets for select shows and dates.
- Ski passes – many mountains offer discounted passes for students.
- Museums – many museums offer free admission for students.
- Theaters – many theaters allow students to attend concerts/shows for free or discounted rates.
- Public transportation – get discounted monthly passes.
- Major Newspapers – The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal offer discounted subscriptions for students.